SW-L  December 2010

SW-L December 2010

Re: AW: need advice about SignWriting Literature Flyer

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:41:49 -0800

December 20, 2010

Thank you, Yuri, for these comments. That is such an interesting thought - that some people live with communication that is "borrowed from another culture", and never express their own...

That is why written forms for minority languages have a good purpose - to help us see the world from each language's different perspective...for example, the Cherokee Indian language was greatly enriched, when Sequoyah developed a written syllabary - and the world knows more about the Cherokee Indian tribe now, because of the written literature...

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/cherokee.htm

Val ;-)