TITLEIII-LIST@LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

Monospaced Font

TITLEIII-LIST Home

TITLEIII-LIST  November 2004

TITLEIII-LIST November 2004

Re: request for information

Scott Garrison <[log in to unmask]>

US Department of Education Title III List Server <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:46:55 -0500

I think that realistic expectations for objectives, goals, and
performance measures are extremely important. Those things can be
managed using project management principles (whether more or less
formalized). Perhaps at some point, Title III project directors and
managers could get together and discuss project management strategies
that have worked.

I'd say that even more important is that *all* identified grant
project/program stakeholders have a clear, mutual outcomes-based
understanding of common and individual expectations. Especially if
there are already-started projects that a new grant is meant to help
support, it is absolutely critical for all who administer, and could
potentially benefit from, grant funding to understand exactly how the
grant supports whatever activities it does. This includes how the
grant administrators communicate, work with, and share information
about/evaluate the activities of, any extant project teams.

--SG

Scott Garrison, MLS
Title III Project Manager
312 Warriner Hall