TITLEIII-LIST@LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

Monospaced Font

TITLEIII-LIST Home

TITLEIII-LIST  August 2008

TITLEIII-LIST August 2008

Re: Grant extension

Frank Albritton <[log in to unmask]>

US Department of Education Title III List Server <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:59:22 -0400

Diane,

Here's the correspondence we received from our ED Program Officer:

Yes, a grant extension is possible. Regulations do allow a grantee to extend the project period end date one time for a period up to 12 months. You do not need prior ED approval unless you:
        - require additional federal funds; - change the scope and objectives of the project; - be merely for the purpose of exhausting unexpended funds; or - be contrary to federal statute, regulation, or grant conditions.

   We do require that you notify ED of the planned extension at least 10 days before the end of the project period, with supporting reasons for the extension. The notification is not to make grantees receive ED approval. Rather, it gives team members sufficient time to revise the data element for the project period end date in the ED Grant Administration and Payment System (GAPS), so that Financial Payments Group does not close the grant prematurely. I would prefer that a grantee wait until, at least, August before notifying the Department of an extension. This will allow for any changes that may occur in time.
A grant extension will also affect your 2-year-wait-out period.

Frank Albritton, Ed.D.
Program Director, Title III
Economics Professor
Seminole Community College
Telephone: 407.708.2107
Fax: 407.708.2581

>>> Diane Vickrey <[log in to unmask]> 8/25/2008 11:48 AM >>>

Hi,

Looks like we will have to apply for an extension. Can someone who has done
this tell me what we need to do to apply?

Thanks.

Diane M. Vickrey
Dean of Students and Planning
Southern Maine Community College
2 Fort Road
South Portland, ME 04106
www.smccME.edu (207) 741-5798

                                                                        Patricia M White <pwhite@DALTONSTA TE.EDU> To

             Sent by: US [log in to unmask]
             Department of DU Education Title cc

             III List Server <TITLEIII-LIST@LI Subject

             STSERV.VALENCIACC Re: Grant extension .EDU> 06/17/2008 11:13 AM Please respond to US Department of Education Title III List Server <TITLEIII-LIST@LI STSERV.VALENCIACC .EDU>

Good morning,
Can you tell me what all is involved in requesting an extension ? Are
there specific forms -- or is it more like a redirection request ? Are
there criteria that must be met ? What kind of time line is involved ?

Thank you for any help !

Patricia White

Lawrence Klein wrote:

>It's relatively easy to make the request.
>
>Understand that a consequence of receiving an extension is that your
>grant is deemed to have run for an additional year, thereby requiring
>your college to wait one year longer than normal before applying for
>another Title III grant.
>
>Larry Klein
>City College of San Francisco

>Has anyone requested an extension to their Title III grant? Does
>anyone
>have any tips or suggestions as to the best way to go about requesting
>an extension?
>

>Megan Heitmann
>
>Title III ASSIST Program Coordinator
>
>Marshalltown Community College
>
>3700 S. Center St.
>
>Marshalltown, IA 50158
>
>Phone: 641-844-5751
>
>Toll Free: 866-622-4748

Patricia McGuire White, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice President for Academic
Affairs
Professor of Biology
Dalton State College

Please Note:
Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.