Monospaced Font

SW-L  May 2010

SW-L May 2010

Re: DanceWriting presentation in Jamaica on Skype

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 1 May 2010 08:08:52 -0700

May 1, 2010

Hello Everyone!

Regarding this DanceWriting presentation on Skype, to a dance conference in Jamaica yesterday...

It went very well. It is an amazing experience to use Skype in this way...to present a 45 minute workshop to a room full of dancers in Jamaica, while I am sitting in my office in San Diego, California! The world of technology has brought us all so much closer - it is really a miracle, I think, to have these opportunities on Skype...

And it was an interesting experience to present DanceWriting again...I have focused full time on SignWriting since 1981, but from 1974 to 1981, I balanced my work between DanceWriting and SignWriting...so from 1981 until now, DanceWriting has been pretty quiet...some use it, but it is very individual...I believe a few more choreographers will start to use DanceWriting now to write Jamaican dances, and I think that is wonderful -

Meanwhile, SignWriting is still my full time focus - I feel no greater joy than when I am writing, editing, reading and publishing Sign Language Literature - and I love talking and sharing with all of you too - and writing signs with all of you on the List, when you ask questions...it is so much fun to share the writing of SignSpellings...

I know we have several new members on our List - I hope some of you will post an introduction - tell us about your work - we would love to meet you!

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

Val ;-)

-------