Monospaced Font

SW-L  June 2010

SW-L June 2010

Re: Writing BSL in SignPuddle Online ;-)

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 6 Jun 2010 08:40:10 -0700

text/plain (27 lines) , PastedGraphic-1.tiff (27 lines) , text/plain (22 lines) , PastedGraphic-2.tiff (22 lines) , text/plain (8 lines) , PastedGraphic-3.tiff (8 lines) , text/plain (38 lines)

SignWriting List
June 6, 2010

On Jun 6, 2010, at 12:44 AM, Sandy Fleming wrote:
> I'd be quite happy to write stuff, but I don't really know how to use the latest SW software. I'll ask Maureen what sort of things she would like to have for the Southport workshop. Sandy

Hello Sandy -

Wonderful. Thank you for helping with the Southport workshop. And I just shipped two boxes yesterday to the UK too, one to Maureen and one to Suzanne, so with all our focus, it should be a good workshop ;-)

And maybe other workshops can be presented in the UK, in other areas too. I received an email from someone asking if a workshop could be held in Wales, so there seems to be interest...

Regarding using SignPuddle...it is pretty easy...

---

To add individual signs into the BSL Dictionary:

1. Go to:
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=59

2. Scroll down and click on the Register, or Login button on the far left bottom.

3. Once you are registered and logged in, click on the SignMaker Icon on the left.

4. Create your sign in SignMaker, and then click on the "Add to SignPuddle" button.

5. Add the English gloss or terms related to the sign and press the Add button.

Your sign is now in SignPuddle.

To check, click on the Search by Words button top left to search for your new sign.

-----

To add BSL literature or documents into the BSL Literature puddle:

1. Go to:
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=0&sgn=125

2. Click on the SignText icon on the left.

3. You are now in the SignText Editor. Create a sign in the SignBox.

4. To add the sign to a sentence, click on the Center Lane button. This places your sign into the sentence.

5. Keep adding signs like that until your sentence is complete. Then press the Save button at the top of the sentence.

6. Enter English information naming the document and giving other information.

7. Press the Add button to add the document to SignPuddle.

Your document is now in SignPuddle.

To check, click on the Search by Words button top left to search for your new document.

Everyone - ask questions any time on how to use the software or how to write a sign - that is what we are here for!

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

SignPuddle