SW-L  June 2010

SW-L June 2010

Re: Translation Problem

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:04:26 -0700

June 9, 2010

Hello Dali, Charles and Stefan!

Thank you, Dali, for this question, and thank you, Stefan and Charles, for your answers.

Steve is working on a new version of SignPuddle. Right now we are using SignPuddle 1.5, but in a few months, we will install SignPuddle 2.

SignPuddle 2 will include the ISWA 2010 symbols, and it will use the new version of SignMaker and SignText which are already available in SWIS:

SignWriting Image Server
http://www.signbank.org/swis

Plus, SignPuddle 2 will have a few new features. I just wrote to Steve about the features you have asked for, in the Translation Program:

1. a way to save your spoken language text you want to translate, while you go back and add more signs to SignPuddle, so when you return to the Translate program, it remembers your original spoken language text you want to translate

and

2. A button for "I do not want any of these signs" that would be available along with the choices of different signs, when you are choosing which signs you want...

I do not know if Steve will be able to build these two features into the first release of SignPuddle 2 or not, but at least these two requests are now on the "To-Do List", which is a long one!

And Dali - congratulations on teaching SignWriting in Tunisia...I am so happy to hear this...Please keep us informed about your progress with your Deaf and hearing students! Thank you for all you are doing and for sharing with us -

Val ;-)