September 11, 2010
From: Judith Mole <[log in to unmask]>
Date: September 11, 2010 8:55:44 AM PDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Supporting Deaf People online conference 2011 - call for papers
We are currently organising the 8th Supporting Deaf People online conference and this event will take place between the 9-12th February, 2011. There will be two themes: 1) Communication, Education and the Future and 2) Industrialisation, corporization, charity and control.
We are currently seeking proposals for presentations. Possible topics include, but in no way limited to:
• Deaf perspectives on interpreting and communication
• Childhood and deafness
• Communication Issues
• Early childhood interpreting
• The impact of cochlear implants on the deaf community and language
• Interpreting in specialist settings
• Who controls deaf people?
• Who controls interpreters/interpreting?
• The industrialisation/corporization of interpreting
• Connecting with the Deaf community
• How developing countries are being affected/empowered by western charity/aid
• The Deaf experience in developing countries
• Charity and modern deaf communities
• The impact of interpreting on deaf communities
• Empowering/building strong deaf communities
• Open topic (papers will be selected on their merits and interest to the field).
We are interested in alternative presentations - not just papers. For example, videos, discussions between two presenters, facilitated discussions, workshops and seminars. If you have an idea, but are not sure if it can work in an online format, contact us to see if we can find a way to make it happen!
Please send your submission in the form of a proposed title, an abstract/outline of your ideas (approx. 200 words) and a short biography to [log in to unmask]
If you just fancy being a delegate, the early bird discount is available until the 15th of November.
See here: http://www.online-conference.net/sdp2011/introduction.htm
Many thanks and hope you can make it to the next conference in February.
[log in to unmask]
Direct Learn Services Ltd.
Company no: 04268722