SW-L  October 2010

SW-L October 2010

Re: SignWriting in Poland Deaf schools ...new project

Lucy <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Oct 2010 20:03:55 +0200

Attached is my suggestion for the sign for Wikipedia. I am not sure if I
have written it correctly :-)

SignWriting is not and will not be a part of the Polish Deaf school
curricula in the nearest future. It is being currently introduced to
students of junior and senior high schools for the deaf (aged 13-20, and to
their teachers) in the Malopolska [Little Poland] voivodeship, that is in
the cities of Krakow and Tarnow. The final goal of this project is to work
out and publish a syllabus/a programme for teaching SW. I will write a small
report for you after completing the first part of the project, that is the
introduction. After that we will choose schools or groups of students and
teachers, for whom I will conduct an in-depth SW course. The project is
funded by the EU and implemented by a company based in Nowy Sacz, in
cooperation with the Polish Association of the Deaf. The company (named
CZAS) specializes in implementing similar EU-funded projects and has hired
me to carry out the SW presentations and workshops.

Lucy :-)