SW-L  October 2010

SW-L October 2010

Re: Gallaudet & TISLR

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Oct 2010 15:33:07 -0700

October 8, 2010

Hello Shane -
This amazing message keeps delighting me....every time I read it I see something else that is really wonderful - wow....

Thank you for sharing with us about your trip to TISLR and Gallaudet....

Regarding the TISLR conference - it sounds like you met a lot of great people, and all those SignWriting supporters...good to know they were there...too bad there were not more presentations on SignWriting...you are right about that...I would love having more contact with the Belgians...it has been a long time...

Charles Butler and Rachel Channon, from the University of Connecticut, presented a poster presentation on SignTyp and SignWriting at TISLR 2010... and Rachel sent me a PDF of the poster presentation and it looked really good....

I hope you DO present on SignWriting in 2013...not only with Adam but with others too...and now that we have an experienced SignWriting teacher in the UK, Suzanne Pach, we can also set up SW workshops around the UK in the meantime. I hope you can spread the word that SignWriting workshops can be arranged in different areas of the UK?.... Tell me if you can think of a way to announce this...all ideas are welcome. As you know, Maureen Doyle from Practice Makes Perfect in Southport, arranged for the first workshop, and it went really well, and we know there is some interest in London and in other areas of the UK...so we could use people's help spreading the word...maybe a SignWriting weekend workshop could be scheduled...Shane you are so good with publicity...smile...

So TISLR is hosted by Bencie and DCAL in London in 2013? That is so terrific.... (Hi Bencie ;-)

Val ;-)

-------