SW-L  November 2010

SW-L November 2010

SignPuddle Exhibit at Communication Access and Technology Expo in Tampa, Florida, Nov 20 2010

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:47:24 -0800

November 23, 2010

Dear SignWriting List...

Bill Reese gave SignWriting and SignPuddle a gift on November 20, 2010...Thank you, Bill ;-)

Bill donated and setup an Exhibit Table for SignPuddle Software at the Communication Access and Technology Expo in Tampa, Florida....  http://www.communicationaccess.org/

Bill designed and printed a stunning banner and brought his own computer to show visitors how to use SignPuddle - This was really a lot of work, but you can see in the photo below, the Exhibit looked great...

Here is the picture of the SignPuddle table - notice the workshop in the background...see Bill's message below...

On Nov 22, 2010, at 3:31 PM, Bill Reese wrote: > Dear Val, > > First, I want to thank you again for sending the materials on SignPuddle and SignWriting. The expo was a success - not as much as it could have been as a local Deaf club had scheduled it's Thanksgiving dinner for the same time - but there were still a couple hundred attendees. > We had several people come by and check it out and take brochures. A few people asked me about it and I was able to show them puddles in Brazil, Thailand and Japan, which were an interest to them. It was very cool. > > A few ideas came out of it: > > 1. A slightly modified SignPuddle could be set up securely on classroom computers so only SignPuddle could be used on it. > 2. The foreign language requests showed that some people would like to use it as a translator into foreign signed languages - either from one sign to another or a spoken gloss to the foreign sign language. > > There was some interest in purchasing SignPuddle. > > I've attached a higher resolution picture of the SignPuddle table and also a zip file of the graphics modified for use in the banner. > > Bill