SW-L  December 2010

SW-L December 2010

AW: AW: copy and past

Stefan Wöhrmann <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:07:53 +0100

Hi Val,
well - there is an extra computer at my office running Win98 (!!! Can you
believe - just and only to create wonderful documents with the good old
SW4.4 program. Well in this case I use MS-DOS.

Do you remember our sequence of email exchange to get my printer ready to
print documents in different formats? Ha - great time!

This does not function any more with Windows XP ...

With the support of the DOS-box we can write documents and create dictionary
entries ( as long as your dictionary does not have more than about 10.000
entries ;-((( ) ... but we cannot print. But we can create .ps files and can
convert these later to .pdf files. Or - we can export files and will get
.bmp graphics
Is this what you are asking for?

Well that is not the best method to work for every day use ...

So if I want to print large documents - I prefer to open the .sgn files with
the SW Python program and now we can print the file in some different format
- but it  works fine.

Hope that helps?

Stefan ;-)