SW-L  January 2011

SW-L January 2011

Re: Editing SignWriting Documents Around the World

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:46:45 -0800

January 28, 2011

Good morning Fernando and Everyone!

Thank you for giving me permission to edit some of the signs in your BEAUTIFUL books, the Novo Deit-Libras. They are lovely books, which I treasure:

Novo Diet-Libras
http://www.signwriting.org/brazil/NovoDeitLibras.html

OF COURSE I am planning now to show examples - lots and lots of examples - of how to apply the 7 SignSpelling Guidelines to the editing of signs....There will be many messages now, where I will show signs that need to apply one or more of the SignSpelling Guidelines and I will explain why and how.

And I DID say that at the end of the message below as you can see here, but I guess it wasn't clear enough...I am planning to show examples...

Val wrote at the bottom of the message below:

>> In tomorrow's lesson in this thread, I will start posting signs that need editing.
>>
>> I will show you how I apply the 7 SignSpelling Guidelines...
>>
>> I will also create a web page documenting this process.
>>
>> Thank you for editing with me!

So examples are coming today and ongoing for many days and weeks ... I will start with examples from Novo-Diet-Libras - thank you again for your beautiful books and permission to edit signs. I will also be editing signs from another project that has requested my help from Arizona -

I am working on the examples right now - I hope to post shortly with examples -

Val ;-)