SW-L  January 2011

SW-L January 2011

Re: Editing SignWriting Documents Around the World

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:08:21 -0800

January 28, 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 12:46 PM, Charles Butler wrote:

> I cannot read ANY of the messages imbedded in this message, either Valerie's or Capovilla's. What are they in.  I read .jpg, pdf, and others.
>
> Charles

Hello Charles -
I posted the messages in "Rich Text", and the diagrams are .PNG.

Rich Text is graphically better and comes into the Archive very nicely. I assume that you are using Plain Text, which does not allow email messages to have bold type, or colored type. That is why I changed to Rich Text, so I could highlight some text in bold and in color...

Or did you see the color type? If you did, then you are receiving Rich Text ok. PNGs are standard today.

I see you are at Yahoo.com for your email. In your email settings, does Yahoo give you a choice between receiving messages in Rich Text as well as Plain text? Are you reading your messages on the web at Yahoo.com?...or in Outlook Express on your computer?

Change your email settings so it accepts HTML in your email and Rich Text in your email. You will need that to accept SignMail inside your email too...

So try to change your email settings to accept HTML, MIME, Rich Text etc....

I plan to create web pages with these lessons, so you can click on that link later, once the web pages are ready...but that may be several days...

And try going to this Archive to see if you can read the messages with the visual graphics:

SignWriting List Archive 3
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A0=SW-L

The last message I just posted:
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1101D&L=SW-L&F=&S=&P=20117

Can you see the diagrams in the Archive? They are all .PNG

Val ;-)