SW-L  January 2011

SW-L January 2011

Web Browsers and SignWriting software issues

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 29 Jan 2011 08:56:06 -0800

January 28, 2011

Hello Kelly Jo!
Thank you for your message below. Very interesting to see the large variation in experiences people have with computers - I am glad you are able to find a way to print SignMail. I have no problem with that issue...I can print long SignMails using Apple Mail.

Plus I can send and receive SignMails that are longer than other people can - I have no clue as to why there are differences with this issue, except to choose a positive perspective on all of this...and in time we will figure it out.

We are all blessed for a variety of reasons...

1. We have the internet - the world without the internet would cut us off from each other, so we are very blessed to have this form of communication

2. We all have some kind of computer or device, or we would not be communicating, and I say thank you to all of the inventive giants who produced those machines for all of us to enjoy...

3. And I say thank you to Steve Slevinski, Jonathan Duncan, Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa, Richard Gleaves and all the SW software programmers for giving us software to use, and thank you to the programmers of Firefox and every web browser, for giving us choices - the fact that we can choose to use different software for SignWriting and choose different web browsers is amazing I think...

4. and 4th...has anyone tried using Google Chrome web browser with SignPuddle? Just curious...

Download Google Chrome
http://www.google.com/chrome

How does SignPuddle work for you in Chrome?

The other day my good Mac lost its ability to project sound on Skype - I was on the phone with tech support at Apple for an hour, and we could not get sound to project...so I assumed it was the internal microphone that needed to be replaced, so I packed up this fairly heavy desktop computer and took it to the Apple Store to be fixed, and when I arrived at the Apple store, it worked flawlessly! It was a mystery. So I come home with the computer, and the same problem happened again here in my office and I was unable to Skype or record sound on a video...there was a feeling of frustration (grin), but I now have a headset and an external microphone and both work...so rather than arguing with fixing it, I just adapted - I am continually amazed at how many opportunities we have in today's technology...

So computers are just robots, and remember, we are the boss of the robots (I think - ha! ;-))

Val ;-)

--------