SW-L  January 2011

SW-L January 2011

Re: AW: how would you like to improve the SignWriting List?

Lucy <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 2 Jan 2011 13:22:17 +0100

Thank you, Valerie, for your wishes and all your nice words.
Yes, I know the List Archive could be accessed via the web. But there are
many free web forum services, we could just choose one and create a new
forum divided into thematic sections, with the sections divided into
individual topics... Each of the section could have also different
moderators... You can have a FAQ section there and also national sections...
I think it would be a more friendly interface and environment for us the
users and the new users. When you are logged in you can see where (in which
sections) there are new postings, who is online, which topic is the most
popular, which issues are the most interesting to the users etc.. And the
users can more easily find the issue they are interested in.
Of course, I don't deny that this List works well, too, and that Valerie and
others do a great work here to help the others scattered throughout the
world. But I just think that a regular web forum would be just a bit better.
For some time we could have two SW forums: the List and a web forum to see
which is better. Some of you would need some time to get used to the new
forum, mind that.
Lucy