SW-L  January 2011

SW-L January 2011

Re: Request for comment on a technical SignWriting document

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 1 Jan 2011 17:42:13 -0800

January 1, 2010

On Jan 1, 2011, at 4:09 PM, Steve Slevinski wrote:

> Thanks for all the feedback.  I finalized the initial draft and submitted it to the IETF.
>
> You can see the official text version here:
> http://www.ietf.org/staging/draft-slevinski-iswa-2010-00.txt
>
> I created an HTML version.  You can see it on SignPuddle.net
> http://www.signpuddle.net/draft-slevinski-iswa-2010-00.html
>
> Happy New Year,
> -Steve

Hello Steve and everyone...

As you know by now, I believe in giving "congratulations" to anyone who accomplishes  a milestone... Every person deserves appreciation for giving gifts of creativity to the world...

So I give a public "congratulations" for this accomplishment to Steve, for a job that has been worked on for years, and is now finally submitted to the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), http://www.ietf.org/

On the IETF web site, they state: "The mission of the IETF is to make the Internet work better by producing high quality, relevant technical documents that influence the way people design, use, and manage the Internet."

Steve has submitted this technical work to the IETF to document the International SignWriting Alphabet 2010 (ISWA 2010) and the SignWriting Script. This will provide the programming community a concrete description of how to program using the ISWA 2010. It is good for all signwriters, because it leads us down the path towards Unicode and other standardizations in computers, in the future. I am glad that SignWriting is documented well. The more documentation of different kinds, the better.

So thank you, Steve, for making this a reality ... a great way to start 2011!

http://listserv.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1