Monospaced Font

SW-L  May 2011

SW-L May 2011

Re: Welcome to our new SignWriting List members!

MARIA GALEA <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 May 2011 03:17:03 +0200

Hi Claudia,
How wonderful to hear of your work! I am trying to do something similar I
think. Thank you for the references - is there any way I can find them
online? What's the title of your thesis that is in progress?
Thank you,
Maria

> [...]
> from Valerie's Puddle). Fabrizio is in his first year of PhD so the
> software, for
> the moment, is only a prototype and we have to test it before presenting
> it to
> you. The first time we publish something about it I'll tell you,
> promised!!
> Another aim of my thesis is to analyze the capacity of deaf SW experts
> (Paolo
> Rossini and others members of our SignLab) to make methalinguistics
> reflections based on SignWriting's production. Maybe I've to explain it
> better:
> when you look at a video, you fiscally don't have the time to reflect on
> the
> language used to produce the message... writing signed languages (with SW,
> but not only!) allows Deaf People to think about the way they use their
> own
> language. So I collect informations about how Deaf People "feel" they are
> using their language. I don't know if I explained it well, but English for
> me is
> harder than Italian or French... I know I'm not obliged to write in
> English, but
> it's a great exercise to force myself :-P !
> So, this is my thesis!
> What more... I work on the Italian version of the SignWriting manual with
> Elena Pizzuto's team, and sometimes I teach SignWriting to small groups of
> interested persons: I realy like this part of my job :-) !
>
> I put here a little bit of references of written works.
>
> � Gianfreda G., Petitta G., Bianchini C.S., Di Renzo A., Rossini P.,
> Lucioli T.,
> Pennacchi B. & Lamano L. (2009). Dalla modalit�
> faccia&#8209;a&amp;#8209;faccia ad una lingua
> scritta emergente: nuove prospettive su trascrizione e scrittura della
> Lingua
> dei Segni Italiana (LIS). In Consani C., Furiassi C., Guazzelli F. & Perta
> C., Atti
> del 9� Congresso dell'Associazione di Linguistica Applicata. Oralit� /
> Scrittura:
> in memoria di Giorgio Raimondo Cardona (Pescara, 19&#8209;20/02/2009), pp.
> 413&#8209;438. Perugia : Edizioni Guerra.
>
> � Antinoro Pizzuto E., Bianchini C.S., Capuano D., Gianfreda G. & Rossini
> P.
> (2010). Language resources and visual communication in a deaf centered
> multimodal e learning environment: issues to be addressed. In Proceeding
> of
> the VII International Conference LREC - Workshop �Supporting e learning
> with
> language resources and semantic data� (La Valletta, 22&#8209;23/05/2010),
> pp.
> 18&#8209;23.
>
> � Bianchini C.S., Gianfreda G., Di Renzo A., Lucioli T., Petitta G.,
> Pennacchi B.,
> Lamano L. & Rossini P. (2011). Ecrire une langue sans forme �crite:
r�flexions