SW-L  July 2011

SW-L July 2011

Re: Wahawafe - a multilingual translation project

Nikhil Sinha <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 31 Jul 2011 22:28:57 +0530

Hi! I don't claim that my sentence will not cause any problem in
translation. I accept that languages are really different from one
another to come up with an easily translatable and meaningful
sentence. However, this sentence can be satisfactorily rendered in
most languages, at least spoken ones. I don't have much idea of sign
language grammars.
You should use the version of "we", which includes the maximum number
of people. If there is a difference between inclusive and exclusive
"we", then use the inclusive one. Both the we's refer to the same
group of people. If it's not possible to say the whole thing in one
sentence, you can break this into two, by dropping the "and".
Nikhil.

--
निखिल सिन्हा | Nikhil Sinha
www.wahawafe.zxq.net - Wahawafe - a multilingual translation project.