SW-L  October 2012

SW-L October 2012

annotation in receptive rather than expressive view point

Oscar Koller <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 1 Oct 2012 15:02:50 +0200

Hi Charles,

thanks for your answer.

 > Oscar, as you have an assistant annotating video tapes, trying to
 > translate in your head to an expressive point of view may be driving
 > you crazy.

Yes, I have been thinking about that too. And it would be preferable to
do annotation from the receptive view point. However, I need the
transcriptions in an expressive view point in order to match all the
other entries in SignPuddle (as I use them to initialise my system). The
manual annotations are intended to serve as evaluation of the
initialized system, thus they need to match.

If there was an automatic (mathematical) way of converting receptive
into expressive view points, then we could do the "easier" annotation.
But I learnt from Steve Slevinski, that this has not been implemented
and to me it doesn't seem trivial to implement it.

Or does anybody think differently?

Regards, Oscar.