SW-L  March 2013

SW-L March 2013

Re: SignWriting Workshops summer 2013

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 24 Mar 2013 20:03:01 -0700

March 24, 2013

Hello Natasha and everyone -

Adam and I have talked together about it, and we decided that the workshop should only be one week, with seven 3-hour sessions, so we have chosen the dates June 28-July 4th, 2013. Can you attend some of these days, Natasha?

Here is the information:

-----------

SignWriting 7-Day Workshop
San Diego, California, 2013

June 28 - July 4th, 2013
9:00 am - 12:00 noon for 7 days

Daily sessions are 3 hours every morning
Afternoons are free to relax and see San Diego

PARTY on Last Day: July 4th Celebration!!

$200 for entire workshop (seven 3-hour sessions)
The fee includes the SignWriting Basics Instruction Manual.

It is recommended that you bring your own laptop computer.

Teachers Valerie Sutton, Adam Frost and Nancy Romero.

If you do not want to attend all seven sessions, then you can attend individual sessions for $50.00 per session.

The following topics will be taught:

SignWriting Basics, SignWriting Software, Hand Symbols, Movement Symbols, Face & Body, SignWriting Literature Composition

--------------------------------

On Mar 24, 2013, at 3:59 PM, Natasha Escalada-Westland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello Valerie and all,
>
> I would love to participate, but can't spend a 2 weeks stretch in La Jolla. I can
> probably spend 3 or 4 days in a row in either the June or July time frame.  Could I
> combine Skype and in-person participation?
>
> I would like to share some of the activities I have used with my high school ASL
> classes that involve SignWriting and meet other writers.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Natasha Escalada-Westland

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages