SW-L  March 2013

SW-L March 2013

Re: SLOVENIA: Translating SignPuddle User Interface

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 9 Mar 2013 07:17:29 -0800

March 8, 2013

Thank you, Edi, for this very nice message. I am glad you are happy and we are happy that you are adding Slovenian signs and documents to SignPuddle Online. I know all Slovenian Sign Language users will benefit from your work.

Thank you for translating the User Interface terms below. That is a big step forward. Now they need to be placed in the Slovenian User Interface in SignPuddle so you can start using them…How do we do that? Here are instructions. You can do this yourself and it will be fun and productive for you:

1. Go to the Slovar Slovenia (Slovenian Dictionary) file.
2. Login with your username and password.
3. Scroll down and click on the SignPuddle UI Guide (vidic) button
4. You are now in another SignPuddle file that is for editing your User Interface (UI).
5. Scroll to the top of the page and click on Search by Words (Iskanje besed) button
6. Click on "View All Entries"…
7. This gives you a listing of all the terms and words needed in the Slovenian UI - I changed a few of them two days ago for you, and now you can change the rest yourself…How do you do this?
8. For example, let us imagine you wish to change the word Add, to Dodaj…
9. Click on the word Add in the listing…Then under the word and sign for Add, click on the button "Write Word"… and change the word to Dodaj…click the Update button
10. Then you can click on the button "Write Sign" and change the sign to a Slovenian sign for Add (Dodaj)…
11. As you make these changes, later, when you open any SignPuddle file with UI=13 (Slovenian UI) you will see the changes you made automatically…

So please try these instructions to see if you can build your own Slovenian User Interface… Many thanks for your hard work! Later I will be glad to help if there are any problems…so write to the list with questions...

I can see I still have several messages that you wrote to me as far back as October 2012 that I never answered - I hope to answer those someday too!!

There are so many in other countries waiting for my attention…I am going to help them a little first, and then get back to answering your old mail -

Thank you for your patience!

Val ;-)

---------