Monospaced Font

SW-L  April 2013

SW-L April 2013

Re: For Marquita - ASL Thesis project using SignWriting

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 6 Apr 2013 11:23:59 -0700

April 6, 2013

Hello Marquita -
Thank you for your project description. Great project!

As you know, SignWriting is used to transcribe ASL videos all the time.

For example, let's take a look at the ASL Literature Puddle.

1. Go to:

ASL SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index.html#sgn-US

2. Click on Literature icon to go to the Literature Puddle:

ASL Literature Puddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=1&sgn=5

3. In SignPuddle, we can post videos along with the SignWriting transcription. Here is one example. Click on the "Search by Words" up in the top left corner.

4. In the Search Field "Terms and Titles", type

Why SignWriting

It is case sensitive so type the capital letters …

5. You will see a SignWriting article by Adam Frost, written in SignWriting. Scroll down and you will see a video…it is one two pages…here are the exact links:

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/canvas.php?ui=1&sgn=5&sid=352

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/canvas.php?ui=1&sgn=5&sid=353

Why am I pointing this out? Because if you want to do video transcription for your project, we can teach you how… the text can be posted with or without the video…

Write again to tell me what you think -

Val ;-)

-------