SW-L  April 2013

SW-L April 2013

Re: For Marquita - ASL Thesis project using SignWriting

Adam Frost <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Apr 2013 11:06:56 -0700

Questions are where things get tricky because they have eyebrow raise or lowered depending on the type. I will go through each of your sentences and try to give some help. Read my comments below.

On Apr 16, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Marquita Formosa wrote:
> Second Sentence
>
>    Who is there? SHOULD BE ... Who there?

Yes, "Who there?" would be correct ASL as long as there is lowered eyebrows for both "who" and "there".

> Third Sentence
>
>    Do you love me? SHOULD BE ... You love me?

This is also correct if you have raised eyebrows for the signs in this sentence.