SW-L  March 2014

SW-L March 2014

Re: information: Presentation of SignWriting in Slovenia-Ljubljana

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:35:37 -0700

March 20, 2014

Hello Edi!
First, many congratulations on the beautiful translation of the book “A Cross-Linguistic Guide to SignWriting” by Steve and Dianne Parkhurst, into Slovenian Sign Language and Slovenian spoken language. You did a truly lovely job and the graphics look just as sharp as the original. I will be delighted to post this on our SignWriting Web Site, and to also post information about your event in Slovenia on March 25th.

Second, I accept and I am happy to be with you at the event, through Skype or by video or both. My computer tells me that today, my time, which is Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) (I am in California, USA) is 8 hours behind Slovenian time. California changed to PDT early this year. Usually there is 9 hours difference between our two countries. But that does not matter. I promise you I will be there on time! 7:00pm Slovenian time is probably 11:00am my time, and I can be on Skype waiting for your technicians to set up the Skype broadcast earlier than that….

So we need to coordinate the event,  Edi…. I assume you have a computer or other ways to broadcast a live Skype conversation? It will be wonderful for me to speak with all of your guests. I do not know Slovenian, so we will need interpreters…

Meanwhile a big THANK YOU from all of us here - If you have photos or other graphics you would like me to post about the event, I am happy to do that -

Blessings -

858-456-0098
Skype name: valeriesutton

———