SW-L  March 2014

SW-L March 2014

Presentation of SignWriting in Slovenia

Edi Strouhal <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 26 Mar 2014 06:24:46 -0400

Hello!
Dear Mrs.Valerie! I am grateful to you that you have included in our
Slovenian presentation of SignWriting yesterday via Skype. Conversation with
you during our program was for our present a pleasant surprise. It seems to
me that those who understood sign language was able to ascertain the
significance of the recording of sign languages. For hearing auditors
znakopis (SignWriting) was great innovation, at least here in Slovenia,
although SignWriting existed for forty years yet. Even those who are
professionally engaged in sign language and work with deaf and hard of
hearing (teachers, educators, …) were satisfied with the presentation. In
Pastoral Servic for Deaf and Hard of Hearing we will continue working on
practical use of znakopis (SignWriting) and to raise awareness among deaf
and hearing people too how important is to record Slovenian Sign Language
(slovenski znakovni jezik SZJ). About this we will also write and inform our
visitors on our website: pgns.si. I do not know what impression you got
about our event via Skype? Our camera was too much static and unfortunately
we were not able to show you every details of our event. On yesterday´s
cultural program with songs and poetry we want to make our presentation of
SignWriting (znakopis) nicer.
Thank you for your posting about our event on your website:
http://www.signwriting.org/slovenia.
Good luck! Greetengs to all of your team. Edi.