SW-L  May 2014

SW-L May 2014

SignWriting Symposium will be broadcast live on YouTube!

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 26 May 2014 10:48:15 -0700

May 26, 2014

Dear SignWriting List Members -
I am starting to get quite excited about the SignWriting Symposium.

As you know, I am working on your web pages right now. Each of the 40 presentations will have its own web page.

Then, on July 21-24, 2014, the SignWriting Symposium presentations will be broadcast live on Google Hangouts, which means that thousands of people will be able to watch the Symposium presentations for free, streamed live on YouTube.

So thanks to Google technology (thank you, Google team), we will be streaming live on YouTube - isn’t that exciting?!!

Then the broadcasted videos of the event will remain on YouTube as saved videos.

We will do 10 presentations daily for four days. Each presentation will be presented live for around 20 to 30 minutes with some time after for questions and answers. So we will be hosting interactive conversations with people around the world. Maybe we can take questions in advance from the community and answer the most popular questions live. Presenters might be able to answer the questions in more depth privately with the questioners later. We will try to provide a place on the web for those answers to be posted.

What technology will you need to present? Google Hangouts works on most computers, Android and Apple devices, so you can connect with everyone, and no one gets left out. So this means you could present from an iPad or iPhone, but if you have a computer with a wider screen, it might be better only because of the larger screen may show more to the viewers, if you are pointing to diagrams etc…I am not sure about this yet and will find out.

So please tell your friends and co-workers that you will be presenting live-streamed on YouTube in July, and perhaps they will want to watch the entire Symposium - each presentation is fascinating. I am stunned by the Abstracts and the amazing projects around the world.

I am creating a schedule for the 40 presentations and I will write to each of you to find out if you can meet that schedule -

Have a splendid day!