SW-L  August 2014

SW-L August 2014

Re: DIY Dictionary for ASL Students

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Aug 2014 18:30:35 -0700

August 8, 2014

Hello Jacs!
So glad to see this posting about your new book. Thank you for writing the book, and thank you for informing us about it.

Congratulations on its publication...

Since our SW List includes sign language teachers from different countries, perhaps you can explain to all of us…what does DIY mean?

And I looked at the preview of your book:
> https://www.createspace.com/pub/community/give.review.do?id=1148793&rewrite=true

and it looks very tempting - I am sure others will agree - I hope to place a link to it on our SignWriting web site when I get the chance -

And thank you for your thank you to me in the book - I notice you mentioned the Green books from the 1990s - I didn’t realize they are still used but they played an important role in our work at the Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting years ago - I like the Green books -

So write again to tell us what DIY means -

and thanks again for writing -

Val ;-)