SW-L  April 2015

SW-L April 2015

Re: Corpus in Signwriting

Stephen E Slevinski Jr <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Apr 2015 15:05:49 -0500

Hi Alex Malmann Becker,

For SignPuddle Online, the various dictionaries are arranged in
puddles.  Every puddle is available for download as an SignPuddle Markup
Language, which is called SPML for short.  It is an easy to parse XML
format.  To access the SPML, open the respective puddle and go to the
export page.

Here is the Libras Dictionary.
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=12&sgn=46

Here is the export page.
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/export.php?ui=12&sgn=46

You'll want to download or view the entire puddle as the export source.

Once you know how to access the SPML file, you can pick and choose any
of the various puddles available on SignPuddle Online.
http://signbank.org/signpuddle/

Regards,
-Steve

On 4/9/15 2:20 PM, Alex Malmann Becker wrote:
> Good afternoon everyone,
>
> My name is Alex and I am developing a tool for conversion of Brazilian Sign Language
> (LIBRAS), at the end of the course work (Software Engineering - University Federal of
> Pampa).
>
> Do you have any Signwriting corpus (database) available for download? I need several texts
> with their respective SignWriting (LIBRAS or ASL) in order to conduct tests in my work.
>
> Or if you have a converter for SignWriting already helps me to create something.
>
> I thank your attention.
>
> Hugs!
>
> --
> Att,