SW-L  April 2015

SW-L April 2015

Re: 1.914 signs from Libras... to you... to the world

Stephen E Slevinski Jr <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:58:26 -0500

On 4/21/15 1:03 PM, Madson Barreto wrote:
> In the last week we contacted Steve and Valerie and ask them for put
> in the Brazilian Puddle all the 1.914 signs that we write since 2012
> on our PersonalPuddle.
>
> Thank you Steve for your work.

Hi Madson,

It was my pleasure to help.  It's wonderful to see the improved writing
style.

> > So, it's our gift to Brazil, to you and to the world!! All this
> signs were revised many times and now is correct!!
>
> You can see all the signs on Brazilian Puddle in the link below. Now
> it has 6108 signs...
>
> http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=12&sgn=46

To find the new signs, you can search for source "Libras Escrita".
Here's a direct link.
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/searchword.php?ui=12&sgn=46&sSrc=Libras+Escrita

Regarding the new SignMaker and the source field, that will be a later
addition.  Right now, the new SignMaker is very streamlined. Every day,
the dictionaries of SignPuddle Online are exported into a simplified
format for the new SignMaker.  It is possible to search these
dictionaries with the new SignMaker or make a local copy of the
dictionary for personal editing.  Currently, it is not possible to edit
the contents of SignPuddle Online with the new SignMaker. This will be a
later addition.  In the future, when the new SignMaker can edit the
contents of SignPuddle Online, it will include all of the additional
fields like source and definition.

I have a few more small items on my to-do list for the new SignMaker and
then I will officially post the code and documentation.  After that, I
need to expand the functionality of the new SignMaker to include
extended texts, creating the new SignText.  I am very excited for the
new SignText because I know it will dramatically speed up the writing
process.

Warm regards,
-Steve