SW-L  October 2017

SW-L October 2017

Re: Diploma about SignWriting usage in Germany

Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 21 Oct 2017 11:36:57 -0700

October 21, 2017

Hello SignWriting List, and Honza, Stefan and everyone!

I have received a communication from a friend, that Stefan has retired as a teacher in 2017, from the Osnabrück School for the Deaf, in Osnabrück, Germany. We can read about the retirement of three teachers at the school on this web page, and you can see that Stefan is mentioned:

Osnabrück School for the Deaf
Landesbildungszentrum für Hörgeschädigte
http://www.lbzh.de

Three Teachers Retire in 2017
https://www.lbzh-os.niedersachsen.de/startseite/home/woermann-wittenbrink-und-bresching-im-ruhestand-156054.html

I feel blessed to know you, Stefan, and thank you for all the amazing and fine work you have done with SignWriting, with writing speech and mouth movements, with presenting at our symposiums, creating such wonderful web sites, and thank you for your new software developed in collaboration with software developers in Hamburg, with your SignWriting animation and art, with your photography and uplifting spirit, and thank you for all you have done for the Deaf Community and for Deaf Education, and for all your fortunate students!

We are also the fortunate ones, to benefit from your brilliant ideas, creations and publications.

I am also semi-retired ... and I am slowing down a bit as well ... but at the moment I am still here and so I will try to create more tributes to Stefan when I can - He certainly is an inspiration to all of us.

So Honza, as you say at the end of your message below, let us reach out to other teachers who are currently teaching SignWriting at primary schools. I will try to put you in contact with others when I can...there are quite a number of them in Brazil.

And thank you, Honza, for being in touch with us all these years - You too have been an amazing source of energy and input from the Czech Republic, and we are interested in anything you can share with us too...