Hello Lynn,

We're approaching things in a slightly different way. Our goal is to
improve the learning environment at Marietta College though the use of
teaching and learning technology. Our faculty submit proposals
designating the course that they want to improve, the way in which they
want to improve it, and the role of technology in the project. You can
see the proposal guidelines at this page:
http://www.marietta.edu/~tag/IT/tigs.htm. Notice that requirement #4
addresses the assessment requirement. We leave the assessment of the
project (through student outcomes) to the faculty member, as we feel
that the faculty member is in the best position to determine the
assessment method that will measure success on the goal. (The Assessment
Committee is also available to help the faculty member articulate and
clarify the assessment method.)  The proposals are then reviewed by a
subcommittee of our advisory committee, who then makes the
determination. More than one proposal have been returned to the faculty
member so that we can get the professor to clarify the assessment
component.

Hope this helps,
Laura

Lynn Meador wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>We at Umpqua Community College in beautiful Roseburg, Oregon are
>looking for some help.  We are requiring all faculty who apply for
>funding from our Grant, include a justification that specifically
>addresses how the course revision, course creation, etc. will further
>our grant goals and objectives.  We need to incorporate a requirement to
>measure success into those justifications and haven't found a smooth way
>to do so for those things like equipment purchases or attendance at a
>workshop.  Do any of you have application forms that would address the
>issue of quantitatively measuring student success (and retention) on
>your faculty application forms?  Thank-you in advance for all of your
>input.
>
>We welcome your looking at our web page... http://www.title3.net/ and
>if you are interested in checking out the funding request forms, you may
>fill out a (test) request by following the directions and using "test"
>as the name of the requestor.  If you have feedback, we welcome that as
>well.  We also welcome suggestions or forms that you have created for
>your Title III grant.
>
>Many thanx,
>
>Lynn Meador,
>Title III Coordinator

Laura J. Little, Ed.D.
Instructional Technologist/Director, Title III Grant
Marietta College
Marietta, OH
(740)376-4815
http://www.marietta.edu/~littlea/

"In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest
of us would have to settle for something else." --Lee Iaccoca