Brookhaven College purchased SmartBoards 3-4 years ago, and they are
used for meetings and conferences, but have not had much classroom use.
We previewed several multimedia/interactive types of equipment
(including the Sympodium), and decided to go with NOMAD Presentation
Stations from Nomad Technologies, Inc. We chose the mobile presentation
stations, but they have several other models to meet different needs.

These units require less sophistication to utilize (manipulate)
regarding knowledge of technology, and are very user-friendly. We have
many faculty (both adjunct and full-time) who are rather new to the use
of technology in their classrooms, but who wish to provide variety in
instruction to respond to different student learning styles. We are
providing a 90-minute training session for faculty who have not utilized
such media before; and the training has received excellent reviews. This
is the first semester they have been used, but the feedback regarding
their use in the classroom has been very positive. You can get further
information at www.nomadonline.com or contact Reid Olsen at

Marilyn Kolesar Lynch
Executive Dean of Career Resources
Brookhaven College
3939 Valley View Lane
Farmers Branch, TX  75244
972-860-4181
972-860-4897 FAX

Mike:

Maysville Community College has purchased several smartboards.  There
is a "grant" available.

Log onto http://www.smarttech.com/ to see details about the grant and
vendors.  Later you may want to contact Dana Calland to see how she is
using the SmartBoard to make her intermediate and college algebra notes
available to students on the web.

Darrell H. Abney
KCTCS-Maysville Community and Technical College
1755 U. S. 68
Maysville, KY  41056
P:  606-759-7141 x 66145
F:  606-759-7176