Here is the contract signed by faculty for the Title III grants here at
UCO. It is in pagemaker format so I just copied it.
Gerry

Title III Faculty Cohort Grant Contract

1. SALARY
        The faculty cohort member will be paid additional salary in the
amount of $4,200 for year three of the grant divided as follows: one
payment of $1,800 on the last working day of December subject to delivery
of an end-of-semester report of progress on the project; one payment of
$1,800 on the last working day of April; and one payment of $600 on the
last working day of July, upon delivery of an end-of-year progress report,
as outlined below.

2. PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
        This Proposal is approved with the stipulation that the faculty
member agrees to collaborative planning, development, technology support,
and on-going training through the Title III office. Projects requiring
technological innovation will work with the Technologies Designer/Trainer
to further the objectives of the grant throughout the project period.

3. REPORTING CLAUSE
        No later than thirty (30) days following the end of the Spring,
2003 semester, the undersigned will submit an “End of Year Progress
Report” reviewing the project to conclusion. This report will be published
on the Title III website and in the annual U.S. Department of Education
report.
        The undersigned faculty member will present the results of the
project funded through this contract in the form of a poster during the
next Research Day, and submit a project abstract for publication in the
annual “Proceedings.”

4. PUBLICATIONS
        Prior approval is not required for publishing the results of an
activity that has received Title III: Strengthening Institutions funding.
Please acknowledge that “The activities described were supported by a
Title III: Strengthening Institutions grant through the U. S. Department
of Education, supported by the Jackson College of Graduate Studies &
Research and the University of Central Oklahoma.”

5. BUDGET
        A copy of the approved budget is attached and will comprise the
Appendix of this contract. The budget shall include no salary and/or
fringe benefits to anyone working with the director on this project. The
budget is subject to funding by the U.S. Department of Education. Further:
        1. No state employee can be paid for services through project
funds.
        2. Students cannot be allocated stipends or tuition waivers per
the terms of this contract.
        3. Only those items specifically requested and supporting the
project will be funded.
        4. All requests for funds must be submitted to the Title III
Activity Director in the form of requisitions                   or IDPOs
at least two weeks before the items are needed. Petty cash vouchers and
credit                  card expenditures will be not honored for this
project.
        5. Equipment purchased through this project will be the property
of the U.S. Dept. of Education.

6.  ASSURANCE AND COMPLIANCE
        The Faculty member to whom this project is awarded will be
responsible for assuring and documenting compliance with UCO, state, and
federal requirements.

I, the undersigned, agree to these terms and conditions.

Project

Title III Activity

Title III Coordinator

Lynn Meador <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: US Department of Education Title III List Server
09/30/2004 02:32 PM
Please respond to US Department of Education Title III List Server