________________________________

From: US Department of Education Title III List Server
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Flax-Hyman,
Cheryl
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 10:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Seeking Iinformation on Successful Math Programs

Stacy,

We have just started our 5th year of our Title III project. For the
first two years--we did extensive research on what we taught and how we
taught developmental math in an effort to improve retention and academic
performance.  We made significant gains.  I would be happy to share our
trials and tribulations with you.

Cheryl Flax-Hyman

Director, Developmental Studies

Gulf Coast Community College