A question for Title III guru's.

Is it permissible to pay the salary (or part of a salary) of a dean with Title III funds? This involves a current Activity Director who is a division chair who is in line to be appointed to a dean's job. He would still be the 50% time and effort Title III Activity Director but the other half of his job would be as dean.

I remember somewhere in the murky past that Title III funds could not be used to pay the salary of an administrator at the dean or above level. I can't find that specific information, however, in any publication. Maybe it was my imagination.

Thanks

B. Jones