We are in the final year of our grant, and have found that faculty won't
attend workshops if you don't pay them, so we are. Response is excellent.
They must attend 20 hours of  training (technology), give a pilot
presentation to the other participants in the course, and implement the
technology in their classrooms by the following semester. Interim and
final reports are required before they get paid. The amount of pay each
year is dependent on other faculty projects funded by the grant. In this
final year, it is up to $1000 after implementation.