We are in the final year of our grant, and have found that faculty won't attend workshops if you don't pay them, so we are. Response is excellent. They must attend 20 hours of  training (technology), give a pilot presentation to the other participants in the course, and implement the technology in their classrooms by the following semester. Interim and final reports are required before they get paid. The amount of pay each year is dependent on other faculty projects funded by the grant. In this final year, it is up to $1000 after implementation.