We are documenting work on an hourly basis; we also keep all of the
match, personnel and % of effort match, in a separate account.

Bruce

Bruce W. Vieweg, Associate Vice President
Technology and Computing Services
Title III Project Director
Emporia State University
1200 Commercial Street
Emporia, KS  66801

We are interested in knowing what other Title III programs are doing
with their institutional match.  Do you keep track of the match
separately as part of your general ledger transactions by having
separate accounts?  Or do you look at your applicable expenditures in
the general ledger and just do a straight percentage of the applicable
expenditures according to your match percentage?

For example, our Director of Finance does help somewhat with the
grant,
perhaps 3% of his total time.  Do we have to document every item he
has
to do with the grant and code the 3% of his salary to a separate
account?  Or can we just take 3% of his total salary and put that into
the district match?

We haven't received a definite answer on which way is preferred by the
DOE to track the match, and were wondering what other programs were
implementing.

Also, at year-end, what will they want to see from the financial side
of
the program?  Copies of invoices, detail of the ledgers, copies of
checks, drawdown documentation, etc.?

Cindy McLain

Title III Program Coordinator

Iowa Valley Community College District