We are interested in knowing what other Title III programs are doing
with their institutional match.  Do you keep track of the match
separately as part of your general ledger transactions by having
separate accounts?  Or do you look at your applicable expenditures in
the general ledger and just do a straight percentage of the applicable
expenditures according to your match percentage?

For example, our Director of Finance does help somewhat with the grant,
perhaps 3% of his total time.  Do we have to document every item he has
to do with the grant and code the 3% of his salary to a separate
account?  Or can we just take 3% of his total salary and put that into
the district match?

We haven't received a definite answer on which way is preferred by the
DOE to track the match, and were wondering what other programs were
implementing.

Also, at year-end, what will they want to see from the financial side of
the program?  Copies of invoices, detail of the ledgers, copies of
checks, drawdown documentation, etc.?

Cindy McLain

Title III Program Coordinator

Iowa Valley Community College District