a question about faculty stipends

Hello everyone,

We are planning on holding a series of training workshops for our online instructors.  We have done this each semester and  found attendance to be very low.  Because of the poor response we are rethinking how we might induce more faculty to participate.  One idea we're considering is holding a series of workshops and giving each of those who attend all of the sessions a certificate of completion, a reception, and a stipend of about $200.

Are we allowed to use Title III funds for the stipends?  There is no budget item in our grant for faculty training although having more knowledgeable instructors is implicit in the grant.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Carol

Carol Klein