-----Original Message-----
From: US Department of Education Title III List Server
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Meredith
Keller
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 3:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: a question about faculty stipends

Carol:

A primary focus of the grant here at Regis is professional and course
development. So, we offer quite a bit of stipends to the faculty and
these stipends were included from the start.

Meredith

Klein, Carol wrote:

Hello everyone,

We are planning on holding a series of training workshops for our online
instructors.  We have done this each semester and  found attendance to
be very low.  Because of the poor response we are rethinking how we
might induce more faculty to participate.  One idea we're considering is
holding a series of workshops and giving each of those who attend all of
the sessions a certificate of completion, a reception, and a stipend of
about $200.

Are we allowed to use Title III funds for the stipends?  There is no
budget item in our grant for faculty training although having more
knowledgeable instructors is implicit in the grant.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Carol

Carol Klein
Acting Distance Learning Coordinator
Westchester Community College
tel  914-785-6827
fax 914-785-8550

--
Meredith Keller
Title III Project Manager & Instructional Technologist