That is exactly what we did. We received a large non-federal gift during
the first year of our Title III grant, but we had to wait to draw down
the federal matching for that gift on October 1 of each year, which was
the first day that each year's federal installment was available to us.
it is my understanding that the federal funds are available only an
annual basis in the amounts awarded each year based on Congressional
appropriation for that year, so even if we receive all of the
non-federal gifts in year one, we have to draw down the match as it
appears in the federal grant budget. In our case, that meant drawing
down the federal portion in five installments, as it was budgeted in our
federal grant budget.

Susan Kelley
Vice President, Institutional Advancement
Valencia Community College
P. O. Box 3028, Orlando, FL 32802
(407) 582-3417 - direct phone to office of Institutional Advancement

So we can draw down the first years budgeted amt- the initial $60,000 -
when we have the matching funds in hand,  then draw the next $80,000 at
the start of the next fiscal year (provided we have matching cash in
hand)