Our external evaluator recommended we keep a copy of the request that the
business office sends for the drawdown in our grant documentation.

  _____

From: US Department of Education Title III List Server
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Deb Erikson
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 1:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: drawing down funds

First, thank you all for your information.  It is invaluable to me right
now!

I apologize if my questions are very elementary, I'm just trying to get this
all started correctly and our Program Officer has been out of her office
since early Nov (just about when I started the job).  We are ready to draw
down our monthly funds from the Federal website.  I know that our financial
people know how to do that on their end, but what else do I need to do?  I
sent a budget spreadsheet of what was budgeted/encumbered/spent to our
Program Officer.  I included a narrative because we budgeted and spent
nearly $200,000 on server and software upgrades and the computer company
(JICS) had made some significant changes in suggested products and costs.
Happily we came out ahead dollarwise, but since it was this type of change
(no change in category or increase in dollars for that category) I assume
that to notify them with the spreadsheet and narrative is all that I need to
do.

Once again, thank you.

Deb

Deb Erikson