We were the beneficiaries of the last time Title III used this approach
to funding new projects.  In a previous competition, we had missed the
cut-off by hundredths of a point so this "funding down" certainly was
welcome!  It did not affect those with projects in place nor does it
mean that future opportunities would be in jeopardy.

According to the Title III web-site, a competition will not be held for
Title III Part A Strengthening during FY 2005.  It goes on to read, "as
a result of so many excellent applications, we plan to "fund down" the
FY 2004 slate."  Three questions:     1)  Will this have any affect on
institutions (like ours) who are in the middle of a 5-year funding
cycle?,      2)  What do they mean when they say "fund down"?, and
finally   3)  What does this mean for future grant opportunities under
Title III? Jody PresleyNEMCCTitle III Director662-720-7202