[log in to unmask]" rel=File-List> We were the beneficiaries of the last time Title III used this approach to funding new projects.  In a previous competition, we had missed the cut-off by hundredths of a point so this "funding down" certainly was welcome!  It did not affect those with projects in place nor does it mean that future opportunities would be in jeopardy.

According to the Title III web-site, a competition will not be held for Title III Part A Strengthening during FY 2005.  It goes on to read, “as a result of so many excellent applications, we plan to “fund down” the FY 2004 slate.”  Three questions:     1)  Will this have any affect on institutions (like ours) who are in the middle of a 5-year funding cycle?,      2)  What do they mean when they say “fund down”?, and finally   3)  What does this mean for future grant opportunities under Title III?

Jody Presley

NEMCC

Title III Director

662-720-7202