Hello,

We named and budgeted for an evaluator to do formative and summative evaluation in our original proposal, but are wondering if there are "rules" about the timing of such evaluations.

We intended for the evaluation of the current year to occur after the conclusion of the year, as some of our indicator information (enrollment, retention, etc.) won't be available until that time. When I read Elena's note I began to wonder if the evaluation needed to occur during the same fiscal year? And would the final evaluation of the project need to occur before September 30 of the final year of the grant, even if the data was not available when the evaluation was done?

These are naive questions, I am sure, so please be patient with me!

Donna Lewis
Director of Academic Services / Title III Coordinator
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Ave., SE
Charleston, WV 25304-1099