From: US Department of Education Title III List Server [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Diane Vickrey
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 11:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Grant extension

Hi,

Looks like we will have to apply for an extension. Can someone who has done this tell me what we need to do to apply?

Thanks.

Diane M. Vickrey
Dean of Students and Planning
Southern Maine Community College
2 Fort Road
South Portland, ME 04106
www.smccME.edu
(207) 741-5798

Inactive hide details for Patricia M White <<a href=[log in to unmask]>">Patricia M White <[log in to unmask]>

Patricia M White <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: US Department of Education Title III List Server <[log in to unmask]>

06/17/2008 11:13 AM

Please respond to
US Department of Education Title III List Server <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject

Re: Grant extension

Good morning,
Can you tell me what all is involved in requesting an extension ?  Are
there specific forms -- or is it more like a redirection request ?  Are
there criteria that must be met ?  What kind of time line is involved ?

Thank you for any help !

Patricia White

Lawrence Klein wrote:

>It's relatively easy to make the request.
>
>Understand that a consequence of receiving an extension is that your
>grant is deemed to have run for an additional year, thereby requiring
>your college to wait one year longer than normal before applying for
>another Title III grant.
>
>Larry Klein
>City College of San Francisco

>Has anyone requested an extension to their Title III grant?  Does
>anyone
>have any tips or suggestions as to the best way to go about requesting
>an extension?
>

>Megan Heitmann
>
>Title III ASSIST Program Coordinator
>
>Marshalltown Community College