Thanks for posting this to the list, Maria. To make a long story short, I've just booked my tickets to Malta, so as long as that volcano in Iceland behaves itself, we are on our way! I'm not making any presentations or posters, but just hoping to learn as much as I can, and to have a mini family holiday as my wife and daughter are coming too! Anyone recommend a good hotel?

The topic of the workshop sounds fascinating and I'll be looking for inspiration. I'm working on a Sign language dictionary application for SIL in which we are using SignWriting as a way for notating signs and for searching for signs. A lot to do yet, but hopefully we will have something soon for testing. I'll just leave a little 'teaser' behind here before I finish...

Best regards,
Tim

p.s. Yes, the photos are of myself and my wife. We are not part of the software, but I thought I'd use this photo to introduce ourselves and to protect the innocent... ; -)

MARIA AZZOPARDI wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Dear List,

Shane Gilchrist has brought this workshop to our attention - 'The Fourth
Workshop on the Representation and Processing of Sign Languages: Corpora
and Sign Language Technologies'

It's actually happening in Malta.
Sorry I didn't know about this earlier, but in case anyone is interested
there is still a little time left to present an abstract. I'm not sure I'm
going to make it on time, but will try to see if I can get something
together to show how SignWriting/SignPuddle has been of great linguistic
benefit to our projects here.

The link is:

http://www.sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de/lrec2010/cfp.html

Many thanks Shane for bringing this to our attention.

Bye for now
Maria