According to the feedback I received from my last beta version, there was a big problem running SignWriter Studio with a limited Windows user account. So I have made the changes. So far I have tested under XP but still need for it to be tested under Vista and Windows 7. The changes I made should make it possible to run the program as a non administrator on Vista and Windows 7 too. I am looking forward to your feedback either whether it is positive or whether you detect a problem.
I also made it possible to export and import the programs settings. Since Beta 3, SignWriter Studio comes with a very small Sample dictionary and walkthroughs to help new users familiarize themselves with the features. Download SignWriter Studio Beta 4.01
Feel free to share your opinions or any bugs you find.
* Please let me know of anything you feel needs improving.
* Please suggest better keyboard shortcuts
* Please suggest better default lookup names for symbols in the favorites list.
* Any features you would like to see in future versions.
* Try and crash the program
* Ask all the questions you like after reading the help file.
* The Beta 4 expires May 30th 2010.
Prerequisites Windows Installer 4.5
or later is recommended. Most computers already have this installed. Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1
for older computers which may not already have it installed. Dot Net 3.5 SP1
and up. Most computers already have this installed.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista; Windows XP; Windows Server 2003;Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 or later