June 9, 2010

Hello Maria!
Please see my answer below...

----------

On Jun 9, 2010, at 2:12 AM, MARIA AZZOPARDI wrote:
> I must have asked this question back in 2008. I'm trying to use Document
> Maker again, and am finding it impossible to print on paper size A5. I
> tried to locate the answers to my question asked back then from the
> Archives - but can't find them. I would appreciate some help with printing
> paper size A5 from Document Maker.
>
> So far I go I do this: click on File - Print Setup - i change paper size
> to A5, then i click on properties to make sure paper size is set to A5,
> then i click ok, ok..but then the print comes out on A5 paper but not to
> scale - that is, it just fits what it can on an A5 paper rather then
> rescale the A4 size to fit an A5 paper -
>
> am i doing something wrong?
>
> thanks
> Maria

I am happy you like DocumentMaker, Maria. I only wish I had the funds to fix the software a bit, so it worked better for both of us...

You need to use "scale" and reduce the document to 50 per cent or 75 per cent or whatever size is needed to reduce it to fit A5...

And a lot depends on your computer's printer driver because the Scale feature is in different places depending on your computer...Here are some suggestions...

1. Under Scripts menu at the top inside DocumentMaker, choose Print A4 rather than Print US Letter. Even though you do not want A4, and you want A5, at least A4 is a European paper size. This is more important than you can guess...here is a screen capture: